Position: Project Manager, Environment
EEM is a management consultancy offering leadership in sustainable business practices to a variety of industrial and institutional clients in Québec, across Canada and internationally. Building on 25 years of experience working with industrial, public and indigenous peoples’ organizations from its Montreal offices, EEM offers a comprehensive suite of consulting services to assist its clients in managing environmental and social impacts.
EEM has two key service areas:
Environment: Environmental and social baseline and impact assessment, physical environment (water resources, biodiversity, air and noise), biological environment, health & safety management, compliance with regulatory requirements, management planning.
Communities: Strategies and implementation expertise for stakeholder engagement and communications, socio-economic assessment, resettlement planning, management planning.
ÉEM currently has a vacancy for an intermediate level professional with a physical environment background (science or engineering) who is experienced with the challenges of management consulting, client relations, teamwork and customer satisfaction. The chosen candidate will join our dynamic team in Montreal.
Project Manager, Physical Environment, reporting to the Director, Environment
Provide environmental consulting services to clients, working within a team composed of environmental and social specialists. Specific duties include:
- Perform detailed calculations, analysis and create design plans such as designing stormwater management plans;
- Set-up and development of water balances and H&H models
- Designing monitoring programs for water, soil and air quality
- Analyzing data and report writing: collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and results.
- Interact with clients and partners;
- Manage projects: manage cost and time constraints;
- Make presentations;
- Identify potential business opportunities;
- Prepare proposals and cost sheets;
- Share lessons within the team and train juniors.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in environmental impact assessment and environmental monitoring of industrial projects, including permitting, applying a technical skill set in water resource management;
- Solid experience in hydraulics and hydrology (H&H) models
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and international standards;
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience on international projects in developing countries in Africa.
Imperative: English – French bilingualism. The candidate must be able to interact, both verbally and in writing, in a professional context in both official languages. Persons not meeting this criterion are kindly asked to refrain from submitting an application.
- Undergraduate degree in science or engineering;
- Post graduate degree in a field where science is applied to environmental problems would be considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the physical environment: water-soil interactions, hydrology and hydrogeology, air quality and noise;
- Good knowledge of environmental impact assessment process for local and international projects;
- Familiarity with quality assurance, documentation, environmental rules, regulations and best practices, such as Quebec and Canadian environmental regulations for industrial and mining projects
- In-depth knowledge of environmental and social standards such as the IFC Performance Standards, World Bank EHS Guidelines, WHO Guidelines, etc.);
- Ability to manage environmental data in spreadsheets or databases and create reports.
- Ability to work in both a team setting or autonomously with minimal supervision;
- Good communication skills;
- Report-writing and preparation of briefs;
- Time management, priority setting and management of change;
- Business development;
- Professionalism, reliability, attention to detail, flexibility and creativity;
- Team spirit and collaboration.
- Up to two (2) weeks at a time to North American or foreign destinations, up to three (3) times per year, depending on client needs;
- Driver’s license.
- ÉEM offers a competitive compensation package and a flexible work environment where the accomplishments and contributions to the firm’s objectives are rewarded,
- This is a full time permanent position,
- Start date: May 2018