Position: Project Manager, Communities
EEM is a management consultancy offering leadership in sustainable business practices to a variety of industrial and institutional clients in Québec, across Canada and internationally. Building on 25 years of experience working with industrial, public and indigenous peoples’ organizations from its Montreal offices, EEM offers a comprehensive suite of consulting services to assist its clients in managing environmental and social impacts.
EEM has two key service areas:
Environment: Environmental and social baseline and impact assessment, physical environment (water resources, biodiversity, air and noise), biological environment, health & safety management, compliance with regulatory requirements, management planning.
Communities: Strategies and implementation expertise for stakeholder engagement and communications, socio-economic assessment, resettlement planning, management planning.
ÉEM currently has a vacancy for an intermediate level professional in social impact assessment and stakeholder management who is experienced with the challenges of management consulting, client relations, teamwork and customer satisfaction. The chosen candidate will join our dynamic, multidisciplinary team in Montreal.
Project Manager, Communities, reporting to the Director, Communities
Provide social impact and stakeholder management consulting services to clients, working within a team composed of environmental and social specialists. Specific duties include:
- Prepare the social component of environmental assessments, including baseline studies, impact and cumulative impact assessments, consultations;
- Analyse stakeholder situations and the dynamics of the social acceptability of client projects or operations;
- Prepare and implement communications plans;
- Prepare and implement public consultations;
- Prepare and implement social management plans, including resettlement plans, local development plans, community development plans, etc.
- Write reports and prepare briefs;
- Manage social data in spreadsheets or databases and create reports;
- Ensure quality of written and oral deliverables;
- Interact with clients and partners;
- Manage projects;
- Make presentations;
- Identify and follow-up on potential business opportunities;
- Prepare proposals and cost sheets;
- Share lessons within the team and train juniors.
- 8 to 10 years of direct experience in the social aspects of environmental and social impact assessment and environmental monitoring of industrial projects, especially mining;
- Experience with indigenous peoples’ organizations;
- Good understanding of regulatory and project permitting requirements and international standards;
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience on international projects in developing countries in Africa.
Imperative: English – French bilingualism. The candidate must be able to interact, both verbally and in writing, in a professional context in both official languages. Persons not meeting this criterion are kindly asked to refrain from submitting an application.
- Undergraduate degree in a social science discipline (e.g., geography, anthropology, communications);
- Masters degree or graduate diploma in a related, specialized field would be considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of environmental and social standards such as the IFC Performance Standards, World Bank EHS Guidelines, WHO Guidelines, etc.);
- Knowledge of industrial sectors and sector specific standards (e.g.: for mining: MAC TSM, EITI, ICMM, etc.);
- Ability to work in both a team setting or autonomously with minimal supervision;
- Time management, priority setting and management of change;
- Professionalism, reliability, attention to detail, flexibility and creativity;
- Team spirit and collaboration.
- Up to two (2) weeks at a time to North American or foreign destinations, up to three (3) times per year, depending on client needs;
- ÉEM offers a competitive compensation package and a flexible work environment where the accomplishments and contributions to the firm’s objectives are rewarded;
- This is a full time permanent position;
- Start date: May 2018;
- Only persons selected for an interview will be contacted;
- EEM is an equal opportunity employer.
4115 Sherbrooke West, Suite 210
Westmount, Quebec, CANADA