André Bernier joined ÉEM in 2015 after working seven years as an environmental management consultant specializing in ISO 14001 environmental management systems, and eight years advising companies on greenhouse gas inventory preparation and trading opportunities.
He has worked extensively in the electronics recycling industry, as well as in agriculture, manufacturing and sea transport; and in the municipal government sector.
- EHS management system and compliance auditing.
- EHS management system implementation, maintenance and improvement.
- Greenhouse gas quantification and trading strategy.
Accreditation and professional development
- Qualified as an ISO 14001 lead auditor.
- Completed the ISO 14064-2: Greenhouse Gas Inventory quantifier training offered by the CSA (Canadian Standards Association).
- Verification Service Provider (VSP) for the Mining Association of Canada’s Towards Sustainable Mining initiatives program.
- Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA®) – Association québécoise de vérification environnementale.
French and English
MEnv – Master of Environmental Management, University of Sherbrooke
BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration, Laval University