Awovi A. S. Komassi
Awovi joined EEM in 2017 after completing a Master’s degree in Environmental Management, which allowed her to develop management skills and a greater understanding of sustainable development concepts and sustainable business practices. Prior to joining EEM, Awovi honed her legal skills and understanding of EHS regulatory compliance at a global agrifood company in Accra (Ghana), at a Montreal-based technology and legal information company, and at an international manufacturer of recreational vehicles.
In addition to her training in environmental management, Awovi also holds a Bachelor of Laws. Throughout her academic and professional career, she has worked on a variety of projects including:
- EHS policy development.
- Analysis of legislative and regulatory changes in environment, health and safety (EHS).
- Development of EHS legal registers.
- EHS Governance and Climate Change Issues in the Mining Industry in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Sustainability analysis of the Plan Nord project of the Government of Quebec.
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment of a landfill project in Saint-Nicéphore.
- UN International climate negotiations.
- Project management.
- EHS management system implementation and maintenance.
- Environmental compliance auditing.
- EHS legal and regulatory compliance.
- Analysis of the impact of EHS policies and regulations.
- Challenges related to sustainable development and international environmental issues.
- Multi-criteria analysis of development projects.
- Mining governance and EHS challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Accreditation and professional development
- Qualified as an ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 lead auditor.
French, English, Spanish (limited skills), Ewe, Mina, Tem.
MEnv. - Master's degree in environmental management, Université de Sherbrooke
LL.B. - Bachelor of Laws, Université du Quebec à Montreal