Cynthia joined EEM in 2016 after completing a master’s degree in environmental management, which polished her project management skills within multidisciplinary teams.
While at university Cynthia completed internships and job assignments which gave her useful professional experience, including:
- Developing a procedure for property managers concerning environmental standards for Boma-Best and LEED certifications.
- Implementing a pilot project for a corporate composting program.
- Working on projects at a major aerospace company such as the implementation of reverse osmosis and conductivity meters to reduce water consumption, and the reduction of waste and dangerous materials.
Since joining EEM, Cynthia has been working on different mandates such as EHS risk assessments (in the aerospace industry), hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, Phase I environmental assessment with the Cree government in Quebec and the elaboration and update of health and safety laws and regulations registry.
- Project management.
- Waste management.
- ISO 14001 management system.
- Risk Assessment.
- Multicriteria analyses and feasibility studies.
- EHS risk assessments.
Accreditation and professional development
- Member of the Quebec Association of Biologists.
- Qualified as an ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 lead auditor.
French and English
MEnv – Master of Environment, University of Sherbrooke
BSc – Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Major in Environmental Biology – Applied Ecosystem Sciences, MacDonald Campus of McGill University, Montréal