Joumana is an environmental engineer with a Ph.D. in hydrology and over 15 years of experience mainly in water resources management, river engineering and hydrologic / hydrogeological modeling. Joumana has worked extensively in West and North Africa, the Middle East, Haiti and Canada (Quebec and Ontario). Due to her experience working within multidisciplinary teams on mining, industrial and infrastructure projects, Joumana has acquired extensive knowledge of water and often complex environmental issues.
She has a solid experience in project design and implementation, which includes proposal writing, team management and advisory services, in addition to maintaining relationships with clients and conducting assignments overseas, internationally and nationally.
Recently, Joumana has completed two environmental and social (ESIA) impact studies, leading the water management and quality aspects; a new light rail train project and a liquefied natural gas (port) project.
- Hydraulic (river) and hydrological (watershed) modelling
- Statistical Hydrology
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, including field work
- Water and Sediment Quality Prediction
- Site water management
- Awarded the Industrial Research and Development Fellowship, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, 2008 – 2010
- SWAT Workshop, Advanced Level, Texas AgriLife Research, USA – May 2010
- Project Management Bootcamp, PSMJ Resources Inc. – 2010
English, French, Arabic and Spanish
Ph.D. – Water Resources Management, McGill University
M.Sc. Applied – Environmental Engineering, McGill University
B. Eng. – Water and Rural Engineering, American University of Beirut