EEM is a sustainable management consultancy that provides expertise to public, private and nonprofit sector organizations in the following service areas: Environment, Health and Safety, Impact Assessment, Communities, and CSR Strategy. For over twenty years, EEM has helped customers incorporate sustainable development principles into their business by bridging the gap between strategic planning and implementation of operational solutions.
EEM currently has a vacancy for a consultant in social impact assessment.
Provide consulting services in social impact assessment (SIA) and manage the SIA process including:
– Manage third party contractors who will perform relevant studies and investigations for the SIA process.
– Ensure compliance of studies and management plans with local and international standards, including Canadian Federal and Provincial regulations and International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) Performance Standards for international SIA’s.
– Research of existing databases and data collection for specific projects.
– Conduct community consultations as part of the SIA process.
– Oversee preparation of the impact assessment report and participate by drafting technical reports, analyzing project direct, indirect and cumulative impacts and drafting social management plans.
– Assist in client contact and communications pertaining to specific projects.
Essential: Bilingual – French and English (spoken and written) – The candidate should be fluent in both languages.
Essential: Minimum 5 years’ experience in social impact assessment and in delivering SIA mandates compliant to IFC Standards.
Important: Ability to deal directly with clients, team members and regulatory agencies.
Important: Project management competencies (cost management, time management, client management, etc.).
Important: Ability to work both in a team and independently, with minimal supervision.
Asset: Experience on social impact assessment of projects in West Africa and abroad.
Mobility: International travel (maximum 3 weeks at a time), according to customer needs.
Additional information: EEM offers a competitive compensation package and a flexible work environment where accomplishments and contributions to the firm’s objectives are rewarded.
Start date: August 2016.
To apply: Send your resume by email to Véronique Tousignant (firstname.lastname@example.org).