Ross is in the EHS (environment, health and safety) team at EEM. He joined the firm in 2000 after four years as environmental coordinator for an ISO 14001-registered base metal mining and processing facility in northwestern Québec. Previously, Ross worked for a large copper smelting facility with responsibilities for effluent control and laboratory analyses.
Ross has implemented EHS management systems in the aerospace, aluminum smelting, automotive, mining, printing, pulp and paper, and textile industries. He has completed over 140 management system or regulatory compliance audits. Ross also trains and assists clients in the development of programs, registers and guidance documents, and permit requests.
Additionally, Ross has participated in numerous projects involving EEM’s First Nations clients including environmental site assessments, inventories of contaminated sites, environmental characterization, decommissioning and rehabilitation projects, and preliminary environmental impact studies.
- ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001 management system implementation, maintenance, and auditing.
- EHS compliance auditing.
- Training and workgroup facilitation.
- Regulatory assistance.
- Risk assessments.
- Environmental assessments.
- Environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA).
- Environmental permitting.
Accreditation and professional development
- Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA®) – Association québécoise de vérification environnementale.
- EP(EMSLA) – Environmental Professional (Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor) accredited by ECO Canada.
- Verification Service Provider (VSP) for the Mining Association of Canada’s Towards Sustainable Mining initiatives program.
- Green Marine accredited verifier (Green Marine is an environmental program to assist marine companies in reducing their environmental impacts).
- ISO 31000 Risk manager – Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB).
- Qualified as an ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 lead auditor.
French and English
Graduate level diploma in environmental management (underway) – University of Sherbrooke
Graduate level certificate in environmental verification – University of Sherbrooke
Selected courses from the Environmental Sciences certificate program, UQAT
Ontario College Diploma, Environmental biology technology - Canadore College of Applied Arts and Technology, North Bay, Ontario