Since joining EEM in 2005, Mélanie has focused on helping clients implement and maintain environment, health and safety management systems, and comply with legal requirements. She has extensive expertise with the Canadian environmental legislative framework and with the improvement of management system procedures.
She has also conducted numerous management system audits, gap analyses and legal compliance audits. Mélanie has also performed Phase I environmental site assessments, environmental impact assessments for small businesses in northern Québec Cree communities, and participated in community engagement initiatives in remote northern locations.
Mélanie has worked for clients in the aviation, energy, healthcare, mining, printing and publishing, recycling, rubber, and semiconductor industries.
- Environment, health and safety (EHS) management system implementation and maintenance.
- EHS management system and legal compliance audits.
- EHS risk assessments.
- Environmental site assessments (Phase I ESA).
- Regulatory assistance.
- Stakeholder engagement.
Accreditation and professional development
- Certified environmental auditor (CEA®) – Association québécoise de vérification environnementale.
- Qualified as an ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 lead auditor.
- Verification Service Provider (VSP) for the Mining Association of Canada’s Towards Sustainable Mining initiatives program.
French and English
MSc – Master of Science in Fluvial Geomorphology, McGill University
BA – Bachelor of Arts, Specialization in Human Environment, Concordia University